Freemasonry is a way of life. We are a society of friends and brothers banded together into a Fraternity — a fraternity open to all good men who desire to become better men.
We are a voluntary organization. We do not solicit membership. We are not a secret society but like all fraternities we have some secrets.
Qualification for Membership
The essential qualifications for admission are as follows:
- Be a man who comes of his own free will
- Believe in a Supreme Being
- Be of lawful age
- Be of sound mind
- Be of good morals
- Be of good repute
Membership is open to men of any race or religion who can fulfill these essential qualifications.
The Three Great Principles
For many years we Freemasons have followed three great principles:
- Brotherly Love — Every true Freemason will show tolerance and respect for the opinions of others and behave with kindness and understanding to his fellow creatures.
- Relief — Freemasons are taught to practice charity, and to care, not only for their own, but also for the community as a whole, both by charitable giving, and by voluntary efforts and works as individuals.
- Truth — Freemasons strive for truth, requiring high moral standards and aiming to achieve them in their own lives. Freemasons believe that these principles represent a way of achieving higher standards in life.
Here at Kirkland Lodge we hold strongly to the tenants of our Craft. We aim to make men better through Fellowship, Service and a sense of belonging. Our members are of all walks of life. To learn more, Please Contact Us.