In an effort to encourage our Brethren to Masonically travel, Kirkland #150 will be holding a friendly competition known as “The Traveling Man”. Each participating Brother will purchase a Masonic Passport from the Worshipful Master for the paltry sum of $20 which will track the Traveling Man’s travels throughout the year. Upon attending a Lodge, he will be required to request that the Secretary of the Lodge verify his attendance.
The competition will conclude on our November 14, 2019 Stated Meeting. At our December 12, 2019 Stated Meeting, the Traveling Man who amassed the most points will be crowned the winner and decide whether to receive a $100 Amazon gift certificate, donate the winnings to a Masonic charity of his choosing OR have it applied to his 2020 dues.
Only dues paying members, in good standing, from Kirkland #150 are eligible to participate by purchasing a Masonic Passport from the Worshipful Master for the sum of $20.
Points are awarded as follows for each Stated Meeting or Degree Night attended:
• 1 point for each visit to Kirkland #150
• 2 points for each visit to a District #7 Lodge (other than Kirkland #150)
• 3 points for each visit to a Lodge within the Grand Lodge of Washington’s Jurisdiction (other than within District #7)
• 5 points for each visit to a Recognized Lodge outside of the Grand Lodge of Washington’s Jurisdiction within the United States
• 7 points for each visit to a Recognized Lodge outside of the United States
A visit will be considered “counted” only if the Secretary of the Visited Lodge shall have affixed the Lodge’s seal, signed and dated it. In lieu of a seal, the signature, date and name of the Lodge along with the Worshipful Master’s and Secretary’s signatures shall suffice.